A SMALL VILLAGE WITH A GREAT DEAL OF ACTIVITIES!
Aureilhan is a charming village near the ocean and situated on the banks of a very attractive 340 hectare classified lake in an exceptional natural setting.
There are many activities for you to do!
- Enjoy the fresh air with hiking, horse riding or cycling
- Relax on the verge of the pond or venture out on it (small boats, small sailing boats, pedalos, canoes…)
- Educate yourself with a visit to the XII-XIIIth century church or take the boarding pontoon built by the duke of Westminster in 1910 to access the Castle of Woolsack (a private castle, closed to visitors today)
- Have fun windsurfing, fishing, playing tennis or clay pigeon shooting
- Enjoy theme evenings organized by the local community.
The pond Aureilhan, halfway between the Landes forest and the ocean beaches of the Silver Coast, is appreciated for its preserved natural setting and the range of activities accessible to children that it is possible to to practice as a family. In addition to pedal boating and boat trips, you can learn to Hawaiian canoe, stand up paddle and rowing. Several pontoons have been built for fishermen and the Mimizan golf course is near the pond. After swimming and your water activities, you will probably want to go around the pond by bike or walk in the forest. If you like plants and flowers, the Flower Walk will fascinate you. This free botanical trail open all year to the public will allow you to observe more than 300 plant species.